Saturday, February 4, 2012

What do you recommend or advise a new college student do in order to make reading from textbooks easier?

I started college and there is so much reading! I'm not used to having to read 30-40 page chapters from textbooks that are so boring! How can I make it easier?What do you recommend or advise a new college student do in order to make reading from textbooks easier?
Unfortunately you need to just suffer through it.

1. Try taking notes as you read simply to give your hands something to do as you read.

2. Also, plan something fun that you want to do after, like a party. If the party starts at 10.00, then you need to be done your reading by 9.30 or you can't go. By giving yourself a definite end time, it forces you to focus on the task at hand.

3. Reading in the library helps for me because I get distracted too easily in the dorms.

4.Switch between different subjects; read the first section of one textbook, the article for a next class, then go back to the textbook, so your attention span will be able to fit with your reading.



Hope any of these help!
You should buy used college textbooks at GreenTextbooks.com - Saving the Planet One Textbook at a Time GreenTextbooks.com is your online leader for finding used textbooks, DVDs, CDs. http://www.GreenTextbooks.com

Report Abuse

What do you recommend or advise a new college student do in order to make reading from textbooks easier?
Here is what I did I hope that helps . First attend every class %26amp; sit in the front raw %26amp; write notes I created my own short hand abbreviations %26amp; wrote every thing %26gt;Now you have recorders so you don't need that

2: teachers (prof.) have there own booklets about these textbooks get them (Buy them)%26amp; you'll be fine Refer to textbooks only if you just can't understand a subject no matter how much you tried %26amp; of course you got the net now I wish I had that my old days of 1069-1975

Good luck kiddo...........What do you recommend or advise a new college student do in order to make reading from textbooks easier?
Say you're blind to the book store owner and ask if they have the books on tape. If they don't, ask who they can contact to get the books put on tape for you.
Story summaries from sparknotes and cliffsnotes save a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment