Friday, January 20, 2012

How do I use my financial aid to buy textbooks?

Classes start on Monday, and I need to buy my textbooks immediately. I was about to place an order online, but it says that you need to use your credit card. I don't want to use a credit card because the total is $700. I want to use my financial aid to buy them but there isn't an option to do that. So if I use my credit card, what happens? I am confused.How do I use my financial aid to buy textbooks?
You will probably have the financial aid direct deposited into your account on Monday OR you will need to pick up the check for the cashiers at your college on Monday. (These have been my experiences with financial aid.)



So, if it is direct deposit, you'll have the money in your account. If it is a check, you'll need to go put it into your bank account. Then, Monday afternoon/evening (if the balance is fine in your account), place your orders. Most professors understand that many students order their books online and usually don't have them that first week, week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment