Thursday, January 26, 2012

How do I go about sending out textbooks?

I sold a couple of my textbooks on Amazon. If I wrap them in paper grocery bags or put them in a big paper envelope, then write the adresses on them, where do I go from there? Can I take them to the post office but use stamps or do I have to pay for some other thing instead?How do I go about sending out textbooks?
I would go to your post office - they will weigh the package and tell you exactly how much to pay, then you pay them and they'll put the postage sticker on the package showing that you paid (this way you pay the exact amount - if you use stamps, you may go over the amount and waste stamps). You should visit the USPS website (usps.com)..they have priority mail pay-one-price on any weight boxes and envelops..sometimes if you are sending out heavy things (like books) it may be cheaper to put it in their priority mail "flat rate" envelops or boxes (they are free of charge at your local post office)...they you just pay the flat rate for that envelop/box (which may be cheaper then if you just put it in your own envelop and weigh it).



Hope that helps!



I would put them in a box, or wrap them in plastic first b/c if they get wet, your customer will be mighty upset! Also, if you print out the name/address and tape it onto the package, go over the ink w/ packaging tape, so if water gets on it, it won't blur the name/address.How do I go about sending out textbooks?
I would sell your college textbooks at GreenTextbooks.com - Saving the Planet One Textbook at a Time GreenTextbooks.com is your online leader for finding used textbooks, DVDs, CDs. http://www.GreenTextbooks.com

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment