Thursday, December 29, 2011

Are there enough downloadable textbooks to make it worth buying a Kindle?

My primary purpose for a kindle would probably be to read textbooks. Are most textbooks able to be downloaded into a Kindle, or do we have to special order that?|||I had my kindle for 3 months and it totally gliched out on me. The "experimental" features didnt work well and the screen froze regularly until one day it decided never to come on again. If you get one, its protected under a warranty but I got insurance just in case. If anything, I'd suggest getting another device (like a tablet) and using a kindle app so you have many more features minus the kindle glitches.



P.S. Kindle versions are very expensive. Now that I got my refund for my kindle, I buy used books for little to nothing. Plus, with a free Amazon Student Prime account, you get free 2day shipping to use on your used book orders.



Look up your textbooks in the Amazon Kindle store. Idk which books you use, so I wouldnt be able to say. On the bright side, you could scan them in as a PDF for your kindle or find PDF versions or something.|||A laptop combined with software ereader applications may work out best overall if you'll be wanting to use your new device for writing notes and papers. See "Smartphone vs Ereader vs Tablet vs Laptop"


http://www.howtodecide.com/portable-comp鈥?/a>





If you're set on getting an ereader, it'd be prudent to wait until you know your book requirements as there is no clear consensus regarding which ereaders are better for college right now. Those who force the decision too early often end up with the best ereader for PDF to be safe, yet PDFs are non-ideal for ereaders. I'd wait to see what books I need if I were you.|||The kindle will handle several formats of e-books, though you may have to transfer anything not bought from Amazon via the USB cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment